Berkshire Baby Box
Berkshire Baby Box provides a safe sleeping space for newborns, essential items, and an educational component which connects parents to local resources and community support. Every Berkshire family is eligible and since 2016, over 1,000 families have received their filled Berkshire Baby Box.
To facilitate the well-being of ALL new families in Berkshire County, Berkshire Baby Box:
• raises awareness of safe sleep issues and furnishes a safe sleeping space for newborns;
• provides needed items to help ease the transition to parenthood;
• facilitates connections for new families to local resources, parenting education, guidance, and support;
• promotes healthy postpartum adjustment and maternal well-being;
• addresses the emotional and geographic isolation often felt by local new mothers;
• celebrates that all new families in the Berkshires are valued.